About this Policy
When you use the Service, you trust us with your personal data. We always respect your privacy and take its protection very seriously. Global Women TechLeaders is committed to keeping your trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy policies. We are committed to complying with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws we are subject to. GWTL Data Protection policy gives you, as the data subject, an overview of the personal data obtained by GWTL, why we obtain the data, how we use the data and how you can exercise your rights with respect to your personal data.
Security of Personal Data
We are committed to protecting your personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data including pseudonymisation, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems. We heavily invest in our security which continuously monitors our systems to report any suspicious activity. We continuously assess any potential risks that could exist and design the necessary countermeasures to make sure you stay safe. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What personal data do we process, for what purpose, and why is it lawful for us to do so?
Description of categories of personal data:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, in case you want to become a customer and start paying for the Service
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, actions taken in the user interface and other diagnostic data.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Global Women TechLeaders enables you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
- Right to access your data. You can request a copy of your personal data processed by us. Such copy shall be transferred to you in a machine-readable format (“data portability”).
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request your personal data to be deleted. That can happen for instance when it is no longer necessary for us to process the data for the purpose it was collected, or when you have withdrawn your consent. However, as outlined in sections 2 and 3, GWTL has to comply with specific legal obligations which does not allow us to immediately erase some of your data.
- Right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where GWTL relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your national supervisory data protection authority (the Information Commissioner).
- Right to restrict our processing. If you believe your information is incorrect or where you believe there are circumstances that would make such processing unlawful, you have the right to ask us to stop the processing.
- Right to object processing of your data. You can object to our processing of your data where you believe it is used in an unlawful manner. Moreover, you can always object to us using your data for direct marketing.
Tracking & Cookies Data
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can your find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
Global Women TechLeaders is the responsible entity (Data Controller) for the processing of your personal data as described above. It is subject to Romanaian data protection legislation.
Effective date: 20 January 2018